Social Icons

Monday, October 24, 2016

REAL LOVE

Real Love is such a rarity these days. But I am constantly surprised by my husband's actions, reactions and attitude towards me. Since we both had a very busy summer taking care of guests and seeing to the needs of others, we thought to take a well-deserved break during October.
Our destination, "Borgo Santo Pietro" in Tuscany Italy. It is the most incredible place to dream in peace. The breathtaking gardens with water features and the ambiance of the hotel set in Nature Reserve are awe-inspiring. It was exactly what we needed! Everything was fresh from their garden, self-produced or made, so it was like paradise to us who was used to everything fast and easy. No wonder I had no tummy problems and slept like a log.

My husband and I live a very healthy lifestyle but this place was over and above with great food, taste, and freshness. Tranquility and rest were our goals so after our first night's sleep, we had amazing breakfast and set off to explored the grounds. We found the Treehouse Restaurant and discovered a coy pond where the large fish got me so excited with its beauty that I completely forgot that I was still wearing sandals and slipped. Although I did manage to balance not falling in, my sunglasses had slipped off my head and into the deep murky pool. It was only once I sat next to the swimming pool watching my husband swimming a few laps that I came to realize that my glasses was missing. My beloved knew they were a favorite pair so went off searching along our walking route and even though I looked into the coy pond, I never noticed them but my husband saw it deep in the underwater bushes. He truly is blind when it comes to me even though I protested with him getting into that cold water. He bravely jumped in with the staff looking on as he quickly disappeared under water and reappeared with my sunglasses. The staff called him their Hero since they were aware how cold that water was but he looked the part, lovingly towering over me as he picked me up and carried me off with him to the hot tub. Everyone came rushing with dried towels for him but he was wearing this huge smile on his face because I was happy.

I had always known this man's great passion for me and I loved him deeply so I was happy with the ring he gave me. But when we went to Siena, filled with tourists taking pictures of this city behind its walls and rich in history, we were amazed like everyone else. But no one more so than me when we walked into a jewelry store and my husband bought me a bigger black diamond ring. I always feel like his Queen but the look on his face when he saw that ring on my finger was what I will never forget. Romay Books: www.romaybooks.com   Like: www.facebook.com/Romay6   Follow:  www.twitter.com/Romay6  
        

No comments:

Post a Comment